We work closely with SHOP.COM Marketplace, Inc., Conquer Entertainment, Inc., Live Enterprise, LLC d/b/a MeetON.com, Market America Worldwide, Inc. and each of their various subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, our “Affiliates”) and your personal, technical and discretionary information may be shared with each of these Affiliates, in the discretion of SHOP.COM. For this reason, throughout these Terms, references made to “SHOP.COM” “Market America” “Company” “we” “us” and “our” collectively include Shop MA, Inc. d/b/a SHOP.COM and/or our Affiliates. The Developer Portal is hosted in the United States.
Information We Collect
To best serve your needs, we will, from time to time, collect certain information from you.
1. Personal Information. The information we collect may include, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, buying habits, personal data, corporate information, testimonial, credit card information and date of birth. Personal information will be collected at various times including, without limitation, when you:
2. Technical information we collect and store automatically. When you visit the Developer Portal, we may store some or all of the following: the Internet address from which you accessed the Developer Portal, the date and time you visited the Developer Portal, whether you are a new or returning visitor, the page from which you exit the Developer Portal, what country you are visiting from (your network location), the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to the Developer Portal, the name of the file or words you searched for, items clicked on a page, and the browser and operating system used.
3. Cookies. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using cookies. A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. The cookies we use include, without limitation, session ID cookies and persistent cookies.
Using Information We Collect
We want to provide you with the best possible Internet experience and fulfill your orders exactly as you’ve requested. Additionally, we want to make your experience a pleasant one. In order to do this, we collect information that allows us to, without limitation:
1. Use of Personal Information
2. Use of Technical Information. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the Developer Portal and to various sections of the Developer Portal, the percentage of visits that came from particular key word searches, the average time spent on the Developer Portal by visitors and the average number of page views by visitors. It may also be used to identify system performance or problem areas. We also use this information to help us develop the Developer Portal, analyze patterns of usage, and to make the site more useful. This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users. The Developer Portal may periodically delete its web logs. We use third party analytics services to collect and analyze this data, and on occasion, we may provide this information to third party entities we contract with for the purpose of further analyzing website traffic.
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
It is not a practice of SHOP.COM to sell, rent, or trade personal information.
We contract with other companies to provide certain services, including without limitation credit card processing, IT consulting, printing, shipping, internet services, e-commerce, public and media relations. We make every effort to provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services. Generally, such companies are prohibited from sharing this information with anyone other than SHOP.COM or its Affiliates.
On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
How We Use Email
When you provide us your email address, you may receive emails from us or our Affiliates. E-mails may be sent in order to assist us in processing your order, respond to a request, provide customer service or inform you about products, services or promotional materials. It is our intent to send promotional e-mails only to those persons who wish to receive them. We provide instructions on how to unsubscribe in our e-mails.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links on our website to other sites. These sites operate independently of SHOP.COM and have established their own privacy and security policies. We encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
Updating or Reviewing Your Information
You may review or update your information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, etc.) under your account.
SHOP.COM is committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information. It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of information we collect, and we limit the information we provide to third parties.
When you make a purchase or submit a document on our website, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.
Privacy of Children on Our Web Developer Portal
Our website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18.
We always welcome your questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third party Information. We may permit web analytics and other providers to collect and process information on our websites using the technologies described above. Some of these providers have information about you, including personal information, demographic information and interest reports. They may share this information with us and we may share your personal information with them. Third Party Information helps us to enhance and personalize our interactions with you so that the information you receive is more relevant to you. We use third party information for behavioral advertising, which allows us to predict your preferences and to show you ads and send you e-mails that are more likely to interest you.